Now as much a part of the Australian cricket tradition as the game itself, the presence of the humble (or not so humble) moustache will live on in 2013 through Cricket Australia’s community action program, Cricket Cares, now in its sixth year partnership with Movember.
Cricket Cares has been dedicated in their support of Movember and some of the biggest names in Aussie cricket have been part of the Mo growing journey, with the likes of Matt Wade, Peter Siddle, , David Warner and Mitchell Johnson all contributing their upper lip to the cause.
Even bigger than the battle between the Aussies and England is the battle that many men face with prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health. From club to country, Australian cricket is again behind the cause in 2013. Cricket Australia together with Movember will encourage the Mo Bros and Mo Sistas of Gen Mo to unite behind the moustache, make some noise and fight the good fight for men’s health this November.
Cricket Australia is calling on the wider Australian cricket family to stand united, return the Mo to the field and go in to bat for men’s health this November, by signing up for Movember with Club Cricket Cares.
In 2012 the Australian cricket community raised over $112,000 of the $29.1 million raised in Australia. Last year’s total takes cricket’s contribution to over $300,000 since the organisations struck up a relationship six years ago.
By registering a Movember team here and joining the Club Cricket Cares Network, cricket clubs put themselves in the running for great prizes this summer of cricket.
The Movember Foundation raises awareness and funds for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health. On the 1st of Movember, men all over the world donate their top lip for 30 hairy days and starting with a clean shaven face and begin their Mo growing journey to support this worthy cause.
Step up to the crease with Club Cricket Cares
Register your club for Movember with Club Cricket Cares.
Getting your club involved will help support three of the most significant health issues facing Aussie men – prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health. Together we can make a difference and change the face of men’s health.
One hairy team registered in the Club Cricket Cares Network on movember.com will be rewarded for their efforts to support men’s health by walking away with a huge prize including:
- Tickets for 11 people to attend a Carlton Mid One Day Series or KFC T20 INTL match in your state
- Official Cricket Australia ASICS training apparel kit for the club including 11 shirts, shorts and caps
- Autographed cricket bat signed by the Australian team
How to register your club:
- Chose a passionate Mo Bro or Mo Sista to start and register a team on behalf of the club
- Once logged in, search for the Club Cricket Cares Network
- Click on the ‘Join This Network’ link.
- Recruit club members, family and friends to join the team. Remember to aim for a minimum of 11 people to be eligible for great prizes
How to build your team:
- When logged in to your Mo Space page, click on the ‘Build My Team’ link
- Choose either the facebook, twitter or email option
- Use the suggested text template and and included your Movember Team Link then share with club members so they can get involved and sign up
* Terms and conditions apply