Conditions of Entry for the Club Cricket Cares Movember Promotion 2013
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these conditions.
- The promoter is Cricket Australia, ABN 53 006 089 130, of 60 Jolimont Street, Jolimont, Victoria 3002 (Promoter).
- Entry to the Promotion is open to cricket clubs that are registered users of the Promoter’s Weet-Bix MyCricket website (www.mycricket.com.au) and who remain registered users during the Promotion Period (Eligible Clubs). Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- The Promotion commences on 9.00am AEST on 25 September 2013 and closes at 5pm AEDT on 6 December 2013 (Promotion Period).
- To enter, members of Eligible Clubs must follow the following process:
(a) members of the Eligible Club should form Movember XI teams, each made up of at least 11 club members. Each Eligible Club may have more than one Movember XI team, however an individual club member may only be part of one Movember XI team;
(b) All Movember XI team members (minimum of 11) must be registered at http://au.movember.com/register/, as part of the Club Cricket Cares Network; and
(c) at the end of Movember, each Movember XI must take a photo of their team capturing the spirit of Movember. The photo should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm AEDT on Friday 6 December 2013. Only one photograph per Movember XI team will be accepted.
- Each member of the Movember XI team shall be deemed an entrant for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
- Incomplete entries and/or entries that, in the Promoter’s judgment, contain offensive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate material or that infringe any third party rights will be invalid.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks or services, the Internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
- The Promotion will be judged at 12.00pm AEDT on 11 December 2013 at 60 Jolimont Street, Jolimont, Victoria 3002. The Movember XI team that submitted the photograph judged to be the most creative will be the winner (“Winning Movember XI Team”)
- This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be judged based on its creative merit. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this Promotion, become the property of the Promoter and each entrant warrants that she/he has the right to transfer these to the Promoter. Each entry must be the entrant’s original work. By entering this Promotion entrants:
(a) consent to the Promoter making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of their entry and otherwise exploiting the entry and any rights in relation to the entry, to publicise this Promotion or for any other purposes including using the entries for future publications, promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The Promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry as it sees fit.; and
(b) undertake to the Promoter that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter will not be, in breach of any third party intellectual property rights. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty.
- The Winning Movember XI Team will win the following prize (“Prize”):
(a) 11 tickets to a Carlton Mid One Day Series match or KFC T20 INTL match in the winner’s home state in the 2013/14 international cricket season; and
(b) An official Cricket Australia training shirt, pants and cap for each member of the Winning Movember XI Team (i.e 11 people); and
(c) One Cricket bat signed by members of the Australian Cricket Team.
- The winners will be notified by mail and phone on 12 December 2013 and the name of the Winning Movember XI Team will be published on the Promoter’s website.
- The prize does NOT include travel expenses to/from the matches. All travel, spending money, meals, taxes, insurance, transfers and other ancillary costs, including any costs associated with transport etc from each member of the Winning Movember XI Team’s place or places of residence to the match are the responsibility of the winner.
- The Winning Movember XI Team will be asked to submit their preferred sizes for the official training apparel to the Promoter however the actual sizes of the clothing provided to the Winning Movember XI Team will be in the Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion.
- The prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Where a person participating or nominated to participate in the ticket element of the Prize is under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian of the participant must be present for the duration of the Prize, as one of the participants.
- Prior to participating in the ticket element of the Prize, the winner and participants will be required to sign an indemnity and waiver of liability in a form approved by the Promoter in favour of the Promoter. Where a participant is a minor, the indemnity and waiver must be provided by his or her parent/guardian. The required indemnity and waiver must be signed prior to participation and a failure to sign will invalidate a winning entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to change or amend the International Cricket program without notice. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for the cancellation or delay of any day of any Carlton Mid One Day International, KFC T20 INTL or other match for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter.
- By entering this promotion Eligible Club agrees to comply and will procure that each member of the Winning Movember XI Team (or any other person who attends the match in lieu of any member for any reason) complies, with the Conditions of Ticket Purchase and Entry into the Venue 2013/2014 supplemented by conditions of entry imposed by the venue operator. The Promoter will provide every person attending an International Cricket match as part of the promotion with a copy of the Conditions of Ticket Purchase and Entry into the Venue 2013/2014 with delivery of the prize tickets.
- If either prize is not claimed within one week of the date on which the original winners are selected (as set out above), the Promoter will make a further determination of the winner, as required, using the criteria set out in condition 8 above. This determination will be made at 12.00pm AEDT on 18 December 2013 at 60 Jolimont Street, Jolimont, Victoria 3002.
- The winner of any subsequent prize determination (in accordance with condition 12) will be notified by mail and phone on 19 December 2013 and the name of the name of the Winning Movember XI Team will be published on the Promoter’s website.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with the conditions of entry or if, in the opinion of the Promoter, an Eligible Entrant tampers or interferes with any entry mechanism in any way.
- The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the competition and, in particular the selection of winners, is final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize[s]. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize.
- At the Promoter’s request, winners must participate in, and where relevant must procure that their companion/s participate in, all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this Promotion or the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and the party providing the prize using their name and image in promotional material. Without limitation, entrants consent to being broadcast, filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded without compensation while participating in this Promotion, or in taking or using any prize, and they consent to the Promoter repeating any such image, broadcast, film or other recording at any time.