In accordance with Cricket Australia guidelines, modify rules and regulations to match the skill levels and needs of young people.
1) Compliment and encourage all participants.
2) Be consistent, objective and courteous when making decisions.
3) Condemn unsporting behaviour and promote respect for all participants.
4) Emphasise the spirit of the game rather than the errors.
5) Encourage and promote rule changes which will make participation more enjoyable.
6) Be a good sport – actions speak louder than words.
7) Keep up-to-date with the latest available resources for umpiring and the principles of growth and development of young people.
8) Remember, you set an example. Your behaviour and comments should be positive and supportive.
9) Place the safety and welfare of participants above all else.
10) Give all people a ‘fair go’ regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.