Cricket Australia's security delegation is on its way home from Dhaka, with no decision yet on the postponed two-Test tour of Bangladesh.
CA's Head of Security Sean Carroll, Australian team manager Gavin Dovey and team security manager Frank Dimasi had spent Monday in high-level talks with Bangladesh's top security and intelligence authorities.
They will brief Australia's Test players and CA officials on their return to Melbourne. A CA spokesperson said there was currently "no change to our position on the matter".
"Following yesterday's meetings, our Head of Security, team manager and team security manager are on their way home from Bangladesh for further meetings with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and to brief our Board, Management and players on the situation."
Dovey and Dimasi are full-time members of the Bupa Support Team that accompany Australia's men's squad around the globe for their fixtures.
CA calling home its staff comes as the Bangladesh Cricket Board continues to press ahead with arrangements, last night announcing their Test squad for the proposed two-Test series and beginning the media accreditation process.
Quick Single: Bangladesh name Test squad
BCB president Nazmul Hasan said security arrangements for the Australians would be similar to those in place for the World T20 last year that went off without a hitch.
"We've told them that the cricketers will get VVIP security," Hasan told reporters following meetings with CA's delegation.
"We also told them, by way of example, about the measures taken during the T20 World Cup in Bangladesh."
BCB chief executive Nizam Uddin Chowdhury had earlier said he was "expecting all the matches to be played on schedule".
"We will try to have the main matches of the tour be played as scheduled, because there is plenty of planning that goes behind each international match.
"We haven't discussed any issue with regards to Chittagong as a venue. We have confirmed the facilities which will be given to them in Dhaka will also be given to them in Chittagong."
Advice from DFAT prompted CA to delay the tour on Saturday evening as the government agency updated its assessment to warn "there is reliable information that militants may be planning to target Australian interests in Bangladesh".
Last night, the United Kingdom government had followed Australia's lead and upgraded its warning to British nationals in the country, repeating the warning of possible militant attacks on Western interests. That prompted Canada and other countries to follow suit.
"UK officials have been advised to limit attendance at events where westerners may gather. You should be particularly vigilant at this time," Britain's Foreign Office warned.