Big Bash League Fantasy has arrived!
Big Bash League Fantasy competition gets underway ahead of BBL|05
23 November 2015, 08:52 PM AEST
Great news KFC Big Bash League fans … BBL Fantasy is back, bigger and better than ever.
Sign up HERE!
After an enormous BBL|04 Fantasy season, we’ve reviewed the feedback you provided and implemented a series of exciting changes accordingly.
- Player price changes will take effect immediately following Round 1 this season (rather than round 3). This will allow you to upgrade rookie-priced players earlier in an attempt to build your perfect team.
- Fantasy players will now be selecting a squad of 16 players instead of 15: seven batsmen, two wicketkeepers and seven bowlers, with a starting XI consisting of five batsmen, one wicketkeeper and five bowlers. With two batsmen and two bowlers on the bench, Fantasy players now have more substitutes (and emergencies) to cover any late outs.
- Allrounders can be selected either as a batsman or bowler. This has been done to reflect the reality of choosing a cricket team and increase trading options at the conclusion of each round to allow for byes and other anomalies in the BBL fixture.
- Visual indicators alert Fantasy players which players have been selected in the squad and to indicate which players are selected in the final XI.
- With a rolling lock-out each and every round, Fantasy players can continue to edit players in their squad right up until that match is scheduled to get underway.
- Fantasy players can now play in up to 10 head-to-head leagues and 10 unlimited-size groups.
- In addition to the traditional eight-team head-to-head leagues, you can now create or join private leagues of four teams.
- Round results will be processed at the conclusion of the final match of each round, allowing Fantasy players to start trading and setting up their team for the next round sooner than ever before.
- Batsmen are no longer penalised 20 runs for scoring a duck. Upon review, a potential globe in your line-up is penalty enough.
- The strike-rate bonus for batsmen and economy rate bonus for bowlers is now a sliding scale from eight to 20 points.
So there you have it – your favourite Fantasy competition refreshed and better than ever!
And don’t forget the prizemoney:
- $10k for overall winner
- $500 for round winner
- $6k for winning league (to be split evenly among participants)
- 2 x premium memberships for winning the Supporter League of the team you support/nominate
Stay tuned for team-by-team previews as the BBL|05 season draws closer.